Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting started!

Today is my first day blogging. Never done it before. A little concerned that it's out in the open. While I don't mind taking on leadership roles, I've always prefered to be the support in the background...the stage crew instead of the actor. Which reminds me of my first improv class...wow! that was tough!

I'm going to keep this short as I have so much reading to do for my classes today. I love taking classes again - school has definitely changed since I got my graduate degree 12 years ago! I managed to find and figure out the electronic blackboard...and then I lost it again! Why does NYU have two systems???? But I'm excited about my classes, particularly the eLearning which I've wanted to take for awhile. And, I just so happen to be working on an intense consulting project where I'm going to be able to pull from all three of the classes which will bring them to life for me and embed the learning even more.

Off to the couch to read!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Lover. I'm looking forward to sitting in front of this new window into your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    If you don't feel comfortable having your blog open to world quite yet, you can always change your privacy levels. Under Settings:Basic you can chose to not have your blog listed or available to search engines. It will still be open to those who have your URL. I chose this setting for a blog I have for a class that I am teaching, it allows students to log on without a password, but blocks people who don't know about it from browsing (snooping). But blogging has to be a piece of cake compared to stand-up. I think I would need quite a few adult beverages before I could muster up the courage to do that!
    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, congrats on taking the plunge with your first blog! In many ways, I think people get frozen with blogs because they want things to be perfect before they let their posts go. If that is the case, none of us would ever write! You can always preface your posts that you are "exploring this" or that, and in this way you are sharing how you are thinking about things right now -- what we are reading is frozen in time, and you are using it to help develop your thinking forward. In this way, you will always be more than your blog entries.

    Perhaps these three classes may help?!?!

    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete